The missions committee serves the church by coordinating the various missions related activities, increasing awareness of the missions work in the congregation and enhancing welfare of the missionaries sent by GMC.
The Internal Statement for missions committee is to have a congregation with a heart for missions, enriched by the ministries of ongoing generations of missionaries. To achieve this, the committee intends to encourage members to pray, give and go for missions, working with missions agency to enhance welfare of missionaries,involving members to be connected with missionaries and reviewing of policies.
What you can do!
- Pray for the missions field
- Give to missions through offerings
- Give to specific mission projects
- Go for mission trips
- Welcome home-coming missionaries
- Attend missions talk and conferences
We work together with a few missions agencies listed below
- Methodist Missions Society
- Operation Mobilization
- Youth with a Mission (Myanmar)
- Bina Mandiri (till 2011)
- Bethany School of Missions
- Scripture Union
The Great Commission
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway,even unto the end of the world.
1.1Internal Statement of COM
A congregation with a heart for missions, enriched by the ministries of ongoing generations of missionaries.
1.2 Strategic Objectives
• To promote and encourage a passion for missions amongst the congregation, manifested through praying, giving and going.
• To support and enhance our missionaries' well-being by working with mission agencies and ensuring ongoing connectedness with the congregation.
• Promote missions education to the congregation
• Enhance awareness of missionaries and promotion of missions events/activities among the congregation members
• Collaborations with various church ministries to promote missions
• Enhance church corporate prayers for missionaries and missions trippers
• Promote congregational connections, care and concern for missionaries and national workers supported by GMC
• Review of missions projects and needs of unreached people groups